No matter you are looking to build a small patio DIY brick wall or an outside boundary wall for your house there are some basics that you must know before you start with this project. Knowing the basics will help you in saving money as well as time. Following are the tools and material required for construction of wall.
- Safety Glasses
- Spirit level
- Cement Mix
Process of Construction of DIY Brick Wall
- If you are building a DIY brick wall perpendicular to an already existing wall, then you must measure the height of that wall. This is important because this will help you in constructing the new wall to the same height. Further you will also get to know about how much courses of bricks you need to use.
- The next step is setting up a level line. It is very important because if your bricks are not laid at an equal level your wall will not look good.
- Now when you have setup a level line then next step is to lay your first course of bricks. For this you first need to apply cement mix to the solid surface on the ground and then put your first brick on it. You should use spirit level to level the cement mix. Following the same practice you can complete the whole round of first bricks.
- If you need to cut a brick to smaller size, claw hammer`s back end can be used. You need to hit the brick gently until the crack appears. Once it appears, then you can hit it hard to break down to your required size.
- Following the above mentioned steps, you can build your DIY brick wall, just by applying the cement mix on top of the already fixed bricks and placing the new bricks on top of this cement mix until you reach the required height.